Thursday, April 24, 2008

Shopping for camper stuff

Tomek promised me, that I'll get my T3 Camper this week. Yesterday, today, tomorrow... On monday guys from the repair shop were supposed to put the engine into the body, because they had their lift repaired. Tomek went to Germany and will be back tomorrow, I guess they didn't do anything with the T3 and I'll probably get it next week.

Nevertheless, I ordered some stuff at Allegro.pl (the same thing as Ebay, but polish). I bought some stuff that I want to be installed in the T3.

First of all, I need to get all the electrical wiring done. At this moment all the electrical stuff is powered from the single, mail battery. There's another battery, attached to charger and solar panel (my camping solar set). I want all the camping equipment to be powered with this second battery. I have 12/230 V inverter at home, bought it last summer. I will also do some wiring for 12V devices. CD-player, CB radio, refrigerator, lights, water pump -- it all needs to be powered from the second battery. I'll add two quadruple lighter sockets, they'll be very handy, especially in front of the bus. Cellphone charger, GPS receiver charger, CB radio -- they're all powered with lighter plugs.

I bought some stuff for my CB radio. A new rubber ring for my magnetically-attached antenna. A speaker to be installed below my bus so I can yell at other drivers and pedestrians using the CB's microphone. :)

I have some other things planned for future purchases.
First of all, I need a good secondary battery. If I will have enough money, I'll buy a gel battery of large capacity. Enough to power my laptop computer for two-three days, couple hours daily. :)
I want to replace as many lightbulbs with LED bulbs as possible. Of course, the camping light above table is fluorescent, but the light above driver's head is an ordinary bulb. I want to add some light in the back of the sleeping space -- it'll come in handy when I want to read a book or repair something in the engine space (engine is located below the mattress). The taillights will probably have bulbs replaced with LEDs. I also'd like to purchase some LED daytime running lamps.

We'll see what will happen with my VW T3. I wanted to drive my camper on the first may weekend (we have national holidays on 1st and 3rd of march and because 3rd is saturday our employer gave us also 2nd off) somewhere, but now I don't know if I will do this. I don't think that everything will be done on time. But I bought all the stuff mentioned here, because I have some extra money at the moment. Better shop now, when I have some cash than later. ;)

No comments: