Thursday, September 21, 2006

Link 4? No kidding...

I received an email ad of Link4 (they say they have the smallest prices for auto insurance, but can be contacted only by phone), so I figured I'll call hem, see how much would they charge my camper's insurance. Mine is valid till january, but I want to prepare the cash in advance.

First, a nice lady asked me where do I live, when did I get my driving licence, do I have any bonuses to my insurance for safe driving, and so on.

When she heard that this is a camper, she said that they don't have good offers prepared for camper vans. The campers are charged extra money. It was very odd for me, because in any other normal auto insurance company one gets charged less if one has camper instead of normal car. Anyways, I asked her, how much would I be charged for the insurance. PLN 2,600 ($1,050) per year.

No kidding...

I asked in some other insurance company, the one that has representatives and thus should be more expensive. They told me that I'd pay for my car PLN 1,600 ($650).

2 comments:

Foca said...

LOL! Here in Portugal you can get a camper insurance from 50 EUR to 250 EUR...

Krzysztof Lis said...

I finally got the insurance for 360 PLN (80 EUR). The price shown here was calculated incorrectly, as my Volkswagen was an ordinary van, not a camper. After they corrected that, the price for the insurance went way down and I got the money refunded. :)