Sunday, October 25, 2009

Gel batteries removed

When I bought the gel batteries couple months ago, I was lectured on how to work with them to extend their lifespan. I was told that gel batteries don't like to be exposed to temperatures below 5°C (41°F). This is important at the moment, when the temperature is going to drop below that threshold for a long time.

Because of that, I took the gel batteries from the camper to the basement in the building I live in. I had to disconnect all the wires that were bolted to those batteries, but that was not difficult.

I am supposed to charge them once a month. I brought the charger along, but I am not sure if I can find any electrical socket in my basement...

I must figure two things out:

  • there is no lighter socket in the dashboard I have, and the extra sockets I use were connected to those batteries,
  • I carry one small solar panel installed in my camper's window, but at this moment it does not charge anything -- maybe I can use it to charge the starter battery?

No comments: