Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The last days of april

I was hoping to go on some camper trip on our long may weekend, that starts the day after tomorrow. In Poland we have national holidays on 1st and 3rd of may, so this year with one day of leave absence we get four days of free time. I thought we'd go to Slovakia or some nice place in Poland.

My camper is not fixed yet. I wrote 'bout it in march. Last time I wrote that I was told to have it back by the end of last week, as you can guess it wasn't ready then.

I visited the repair shop where the camper is repaired today. I tried to call the owner couple times today, but his cellphone was off. When I finally reached him, I just left work and went to see him in his workplace (three tram stops from where I work). We spoke for a minute or two, he told me that some small adjustments need to be made:

  • clutch adjustment,
  • gearbox lever adjustment,
  • fixing glow plugs that don't work on their own (whatever it might mean).
When I was going to see him I thought that I won't leave Warsaw until the camper is ready. I live in Żyrardów, 45 km from Warsaw and go from home to work by train. When I leave Warsaw, I don't want to return there until the next day. But when I spoke to him my enthusiasm weakened. So I decided to visit him tomorrow to pick the camper. He told me that it'll be ready by the end of today... I hope so.

We won't go anywhere far with the camper, even if I'll get it tomorrow. Why? I am affraid that something will go wrong soon after I pick it up. If it was repaired for almost a year (to be honest most of the time it spent waiting for it's turn...), surely something will be wrong. I just hope I am wrong about this...

Here's a photo, made yesterday by Tomek, who sent it to me via MMS.

From Volkswagen Tr...

No comments: